Updated Booking and Cancellation Policy
Hideaways is committed to providing flexibility and financial security for any guests planning travel to any of our safari lodges. The in April released revised COVID-19 terms & conditions have therefore been updated relaxing cancellation terms and extending time periods for provisional bookings.
These new terms will replace the previously released terms and will stay in place until such time as the WHO declares the pandemic as over or travel restrictions in the destinations we operate in, have been lifted. Once that is the case, we will revert back to the standard terms & conditions.
The below outlined T&C’s apply to Hideaways’ properties. Whereas we endeavour to offer the same for third party properties, this will be at the discretion of our partners.
We are aware that many of our source markets’ governments’ regulations may request different policies. However, as we are faced with a situation that the industry and the world has never had to face before, we appreciate your understanding, open communication and support to manage these uncertain times.
CONFIRMED BOOKINGS TRAVELLING 01 MAY – 31 AUGUST:
We are offering to postpone your guests’ travels to a date of their choice.
- Anyone travelling between 1st April and 31st August 2020 can postpone to any time or season for future dates up until the end of August 2021.
- In the event that guests are travelling after August 2020; we recommend waiting before making a decision on moving the departure. We are currently prioritising travellers with immediate travel plans and guests travelling until the end of August 2020.
- We will retain the 20 % deposit paid for the original booking and will apply standard payment terms to the revised dates. All deposits must be pre-paid with immediate effect.
- If guests are unsure of their future travel arrangements, we will automatically provisionally book them for the same dates in 2021. This will be subject to availability. In these instances, provisional bookings will be held for 90 days which allows guests time to consider when they would like to travel.
- Once a booking has been postponed to new dates in 2020 or 2021, our standard cancellation and payment terms and conditions will apply to the new travel dates.
CONFIRMED BOOKINGS TRAVELLING AFTER 01 SEPTEMBER:
- Should guests want to postpone travel after the currently proposed “Hideaways Hibernation” period, our standard cancellation fees will apply. This will depend on whether the border closures and/or travel bans have been lifted.
- We recommend that guests wait until 45 days prior to their confirmed date of travel in order to monitor the global status of travel restrictions.
Choosing to cancel a booking based on uncertainty is understandable, but we advise guests to wait before doing so. Many travel operators are imposing standard terms and conditions which may result in any monies paid out being non-refundable. We advise guests to defer travel to ensure any money paid are reserved for future use. Should a booking defer now, and then choose to cancel at a later stage, Hideaways will assess the cancellation terms against the original and revised travel dates, with the stricter policy being applied.
With Hideaways flexible policies for all future travel, we highly recommend guests take out comprehensive travel insurance to ensure any funds lost can be recovered.
For any enquiries on the above booking policies, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW BOOKINGS – FREE CANCELLATION & MORE FLEXIBILITY
Transformative times call for transformative and flexible measures. In the nature of understanding uncertainty, we have created policies which accommodate ongoing adjustments.
For new Hideaways bookings:
- We request a 20 % deposit for all confirmed bookings. This deposit is 100 % refundable up to 10 days before travel should the traveller cancel due to COVID-19 related reasons. (see below details of what COVID-19 related reasons entail)
- Final payment needs to reach our account 30 days before travel.
- All our 2020 rates and offers have been extended into 2021 until further notice.
- Provisional bookings can be held up to a period of 21 days; should we receive a confirmed booking for the provisionally booked dates/rooms, we will request you confirm your booking with a deposit paid within 5 working days or cancel the booking.
- The above terms are applicable only to COVID-19 related cancellations. Please refer to the full list of COVID-19 cancellation terms.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR NEW BOOKINGS:
- Free cancellation up to 10 days prior to travel for COVID-19 related cancellations (see details below)
Cancellation for non-covid-19 related cancellation remains as follows:
- Should a cancellation be received once a confirmed status is held, 20 % of the contracted rate will be charged.
- Cancellation within 8 – 4 weeks prior to date of travel: 50 % of the total rate
- Cancellation within 4 – 2 weeks prior to date of travel: 75 % of the total rate
- Cancellation within 2 weeks of travel: 100 % of the total rate
REFUND POLICY FOR NEW BOOKINGS IF CANCELLATION OCCURS DUE TO COVID-19 RELATED REASONS:
- Between confirmation and 10 days prior to arrival: 100 % refund of monies received less bank charges, or credit to the value of money received for postponed / future travel.
- From 10 days prior to arrival: Cancellation fee will be charged as per above.
- Should a client postpone their travel to a future date, 100% credit to the value of money received may be used towards their new travel dates.
COVID-19 TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Due to the status of the global health pandemic, we at Hideaways are committed to providing guests with both flexibility and security during these uncertain times. The below COVID-19 terms and conditions are applicable as of 19 May 2020, and set out until The World Health Organisation has declared the pandemic over, or restrictions have been lifted in the guests country of residence or destination they are travelling to, allowing guests to travel.
Once these conditions are lifted, Hideaways standard terms and conditions to all future bookings will be applicable.
These revised cancellation terms only apply to COVID-19 related reasons for cancellation, these include:
- The World Health Organisation has not revised the Pandemic Status
- There are travel restrictions in the guest’s country of residence and prohibits guest from travelling
- There are travel restrictions in the destination that the guest is travelling to, prohibiting the guest from travelling
- The destination the guest is travelling to has closed their borders to travellers from the guest’s country of residence.
- Guests are unable to reach their destination due to International flights being cancelled, and no alternative routing is available
- We recommend that guests take out comprehensive travel insurance; should a guest contract COVID-19 and is under treatment or in quarantine and is unable to travel, they will need to claim from travel insurance.
- Should a guest be travelling with someone that has contracted COVID-19 or is in self quarantine, we will allow the guest to postpone their travel up to one year after their original date and carry over 100 % of their booking value to the new future booking.
Any reason for cancellation not listed above, HIDEAWAYS Standard Terms & Conditions apply.
Interview with Chief Medical Officer
As global citizens, making responsible and proactive decisions are key to having a positive impact on world wide health issues. Hideaways’ CEO Katja Quasdorf shares an enlightening conversation she held with Dr Simon King from Park Doctor, highlighting the importance of collaboration across business sectors and countries, finding strength in unity as the Covid-19 situation continues.
We welcome you to contact us should you require any further information.