Updated Booking and Cancellation Policy
As the status of the global health pandemic continues to change on a daily basis, we at Hideaways would like to keep you updated on the latest developments. Over the past weeks we have adapted our terms and conditions in order to cater for the changed travel environment. As many source markets now have heavy travel restrictions and as a result of borders closing in South Africa, Botswana and Zambia, we have to make further adjustment to our policies. These are exceptional times in life and travel, and we are doing our best to make responsible decisions for the future of tourism.
While we endeavoured to continue our operations responsibly by putting the health and safety of our guests and staff as a top priority, we are now faced with a new reality of guests not being able to travel to our lodges. We have therefore decided to put our lodges and Zambezi Truth into hibernation until the 30th June 2020. We will assess the situation on an ongoing basis and will keep you informed.
We are offering to postpone your guests’ travels to a date of their choice.
We are aware that many of our source markets’ governments’ regulations may request different policies. However, as we are faced with a situation that the industry and the world has never had to face before, we appreciate your understanding, open communication and support to manage these uncertain times.
Continuing to maintain a positive perspective for prospective travel, we value your patience while our sales team facilitates and manages these unprecedented circumstances.
- Anyone travelling between 1st April and 30th June 2020 can postpone to any time or season for future dates up until the end of June 2021.
- In the event that guests are travelling after June 2020; we recommend waiting before making a decision on moving the departure. We are currently prioritising travellers with immediate travel plans and guests travelling until the end of June 2020.
- We will retain the 20 % deposit paid for the original booking and will apply standard payment terms to the revised dates. All deposits must be pre-paid with immediate effect.
- If guests are unsure of their future travel arrangements, we will automatically provisionally book them for the same dates in 2021. This will be subject to availability. In these instances, provisional bookings will be held for 90 days which allows guests time to consider when they would like to travel.
- Should guests want to postpone travel after the currently proposed “Hideaways Hibernation” period, our standard cancellation fee will apply. This will depend on whether the border closures and/or travel bans have been lifted. We recommend that guests wait until 45 days prior to their confirmed date of travel in order to monitor the global status of travel restrictions.
- Once a booking has been postponed to new dates in 2020 or 2021, our standard cancellation and payment terms and conditions will apply to the new travel dates.
Ambassadors of Facts Instead of Fear
The health of our teams and travellers is our number one priority. In light of Covid-19, Hideaways has carefully measured, considered and implemented strategies to best manage and implement precautions in the current situation.
Given the potential of uncertainty amongst travellers, we believe that carefully considered and implemented methods are fundamental in going forward and it is our priority to clearly communicate this strategy as part of our efforts to promote facts instead of fear. We continue to have faith in Africa as a destination, and encourage all travellers to continue with planned Southern African getaways.
As ambassadors of education, communication and resilience by taking responsibility for our guests as well as staff, we are confident in our ability to maintain a high standard of life-changing experiences.
To reassure you of our commitment to your safety, please take a look at our action plan below which we are diligently implementing for all our travel experiences.
Interview with Chief Medical Officer
As global citizens, making responsible and proactive decisions are key to having a positive impact on world wide health issues. Hideaways’ CEO Katja Quasdorf shares an enlightening conversation she held with Dr Simon King from Park Doctor, highlighting the importance of collaboration across business sectors and countries, finding strength in unity as the Covid-19 situation continues.
We welcome you to contact us should you require any further information.