Ambassadors of Facts Instead of Fear
To date, there have been no reported cases of the COVID-19 virus in Southern Africa, however the health of our teams and travellers is our number one priority. In light of this, Hideaways has carefully measured, considered and implemented strategies to best manage and implement precautions in the current situation.
Given the potential of uncertainty amongst travellers, we believe that carefully considered and implemented methods are fundamental in going forward and it is our priority to clearly communicate this strategy as part of our efforts to promote facts instead of fear. We continue to have faith in Africa as a destination, and encourage all travellers to continue with planned Southern African getaways.
As ambassadors of education, communication and resilience by taking responsibility for our guests as well as staff, we are confident in our ability to maintain a high standard of life-changing experiences. We welcome you to contact us should you require any further information.
Precautions – Hideaways’ Covid-19 Action Plan:
- Current and updated information on the Covid-19 global status is internally monitored and communicated between staff.
- Prevention and solution strategies are provided to staff on an ongoing basis, safeguarding human life and wellbeing as our highest priority.
- An education and training policy based on sound medical advice and expertise is being utilised throughout our properties, guiding staff response to any threats posed.
- Hideaways continues to accept travellers on the condition they have completed a screening document 2 weeks before travel.
- Staff have a policy and best practice procedure for limiting and containing the risk of infection within properties, covering both hygiene measures and cleaning of surfaces in and around the property.
- Training has been implemented and supervised to ensure cleanliness is of a high standard at all times.
- Relevant cleaning material has been provided through the properties.
- Protective and preventative tools are supplied and personally accessible for both guests and staff.
- No cases of COVID-19 have been suspected or occurred on any Hideaways’ property at present.
- An incident reporting system is in place for staff to be proactive in attaining medical support at all times.
- Continuous risk assessment will occur and any individuals who display symptoms and meet criteria for testing will be identified and directed through the correct procedures and medical channels.
These statements are subject to change as we continue to monitor and learn about Covid-19 and how it affects the realms of travel.